The journal Ecología Política, cuadernos de debate internacional calls for articles for the 52 number of the journal that will focus on the political ecology of tourism. The new number aims to cover theoretical dimensions as well as various aspects of the main subject such as tourism and community management of commons, environmental justice and socio-environmental conflicts related to tourism projects and its intensification, gentrification, tourism and degrowth, critical analysis of the impacts of ecotourism, distributive aspects of policies related to tourism, commodification of spaces and natural resources, etc. The forthcoming number 52 of the journal will be published in December 2016.
The types of articles published in the journal are the following:
- In-depth articlesare related to the main subject of the issue. These are articles which have a theoretical component and/or analyse one of the aspects (mentioned in the paragraph above) of the main topic in detail from a macro perspective. Their length should be 24,000 characters (without including spaces but including references) and approximately 8 pages.
- Short articles with a regional or local focus that are related to the main subject of the same number of the journal. They analyse a concrete case study and have a length of 12,000 characters (without including spaces but including references) and approximately 4 pages.
- Opinion articles related to the subject of the number. They give a personal and critical vision of the subject matter and have a length of 12,000 characters (without including spaces but including references) and 4 pages.
- Articles about resistance networks related to the subject matter addressing local or community resistances to environmental impacts and have a length of maximum 9,000 characters (without including spaces but including references) and approximately 3 pages long.
- Articles about key figures of environmental thinking are the ones analyzing the work and contributions of a reference person related to the special issue of each number. They usually have a length of maximum 18,000 characters(without including spaces but including references) and approximately 6 pages long.
- Reviews of books, webpages or reports make a critique of recent publications. They are usually 1-2 pages long and have a maximum of 6,000 characters (without including spaces but including references).
The conditions for different types of articles including their length and format can be consulted on the webpagehttp://ecologiapolitica.info/?page_id=6.
Only those that comply with the format of the journal will have the chance to get published.
The articles will be evaluated by experts on the main theme and by the editorial committee of the journal.
The procedure and deadlines for submission:
The submission of articles will be realized in two steps.
The first step entails the submission of an article abstract. The deadline for abstract submission is the 15th of July, 2016.
The authors of the abstracts addressing a subtheme in accordance with the objective of that number and enabling to cover various dimensions of the main topic will be invited to send the final versions of their articles. The invitation to submit the full version of an article does not ensure its publication since the final articles will pass through a second revision of experts and editorial committee.
The deadline to submit the final version of the articles to be translated from English to Spanish is the 26th of September, 2016.
Both the abstracts and the final versions of the articles have to be sent to the following e-mail address:email@example.com.
About the journal:
Ecología Política is a semi-annual journal published in Spanish that addresses environmental questions and their link to society. It has a history older than 25 years, during which it has been distributed mainly in Spain and Latin America. It targets both academics and environmental/social organisations.
You can find more information in our webpage www.ecologiapolitica.info, where you can also download the digital version of the first 49 issues.