The journal Ecología Política invites authors to send their article proposals for its next issue, number 62.
PANDEMICS, CRISIS OF CIVILIZATION & NEW NORMALITIES
The international health crisis caused by SARS-CoV-2, leads to an urgent need to rethink, as humankind, a global paradigm shift. The ecological, political, economic, social, cultural, and psychological conditions in which humankind has been operating along the last 500 years of capitalism, coloniality and patriarchy, have shown, once again, its unsustainability and unfairness. Therefore, is needed a multidimensional and deep reflexion beyond the current health crisis.
This issue of Ecología Política aims to encourage reflexions about the crisis of civilization, tangible and intangible constructions of capitalist power, the human and nun-human relation in all its dimensions, as well as transformative alternatives.
Articles in this issue might include, among others, the following topics:
- Pandemics throughout history.
- Pandemics and environment deterioration (biodiversity losses, international commerce of wild fauna and its connection with new emerging pathogens, zoonotic diseases).
- Trends and challenges of agri-food production models and infectious diseases.
- Global health crisis from a feminist perspective (Covid-19 impact on women’s life, gender disparities, care work, domestic labour, violence).
- Geopolitics and global markets under the global health crisis.
- Systematic violation of indigenous peoples and expansion of extractivist borders associated to pandemic containment mechanisms.
- Theorical and methodological reflexions for rethinking the relation health-human-environment (for example: political ecology, global health, ecological economics, degrowth).
- Development of alternatives, resistances from territories, new normalities, convivialities and solidarity networks facing health crisis.
- Totalitarianisms, growing militarization and control of society/mobility/freedoms
The issue will be published in DECEMBER 2021.
PROCEDURE AND DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSION
The submission of articles will take place in two steps.
- Article proposal submission (250 words max.). Deadline: 10 September 2021.
Once received, the proposals will be evaluated by experts in the subject and by the issue’s guest editors. The authors whose proposals are selected will be invited to send a complete manuscript. The invitation to submit the full manuscript does not ensure its publication, as manuscripts will then undergo a further review process.
- Submission of the final version of the article (to be translated from English to Spanish, if necessary): 8 October 2021.
Both the abstracts and the final versions of the articles have to be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.